XC Toonie Rides
Popular bi-weekly rides for adults and youth
Every second Wednesday from April – September we meet at a designated location, sign you up and time your ride for you. The cost is a mere $2 for SORCA members. At the end of the ride you will definitely enjoy the great food and socializing. Rides often take average riders 60 – 90 minutes depending on the length of the course. Expect some intermediate single track and if you are not comfortable riding some of the tricky spots, take your bike for a hike. A lot of riders use this weekly event as a training tool for the Test of Metal.
SORCA Toonie Rides are open to SORCA members only. Riders must be 12 years of age and up. There is a one-day ride fee of $22 for non-members.
Volunteer to help out with rides, contact us by email. We need marshals and people to flag the trails and more.
- 1 participation point will be given to all participants finishing each ride course
- Top 40 men will receive bonus points starting with first getting 40 pts, down to 40th with 1 extra point
- Top 20 women will receive bonus points starting with first getting 20 pts, down to 20th with 1 extra point
- Top 20 Veteran Men (45+ as of December 1, 2014) earn extra points.
- Top 10 Veteran Women (40+ as of December 1, 2014) earn extra points
- Best 10 rides are calculated for the overall results
- The First Toonie and Final Toonie are worth double points