XC Toonie Rides
Popular bi-weekly rides for adults and youth
Every second Wednesday from April – September we meet at a designated location, sign you up and time your ride for you. The cost is a mere $2 for SORCA members. At the end of the ride you will definitely enjoy the great BBQ food and socializing. Rides often take average riders 60 – 90 minutes depending on the length of the course. Expect some intermediate single track and if you are not comfortable riding some of the tricky spots, take your bike for a hike. A lot of riders use this weekly event as a training tool for the Test of Metal.
SORCA Toonie Rides are open to SORCA members only. Riders must be 12 years of age and up. There is a one-day ride fee of $22 for non-members.
For ride results, please see the 2011 XC Toonie results page.
Volunteer to help out with rides, contact us by email. We need marshals and people to flag the trails and more.
- 1 participation point will be given to all participants finishing each ride course
- Top 40 men will receive bonus points starting with first getting 40 pts, down to 40th with 1 extra point
- Top 20 women will receive bonus points starting with first getting 20 pts, down to 20th with 1 extra point
- Top 20 Veteran Men (45+ as of December 1, 2012) earn extra points.
- Top 10 Veteran Women (40+ as of December 1, 2012) earn extra points
- Best 10 rides are calculated for the overall results